Thursday 17 December 2015

'Girl Online: On Tour' Review

Blurb: 

Penny's bags are packed.

When Noah invites Penny on his European music tour, she can't wait to spend time with her rock-god-tastic boyfriend. But, between Noah's jam-packed schedule, less-than-welcoming bandmates and threatening messages from jealous fans, Penny wonders
whether she's really cut out for life on tour. She can't help but miss her family, her best friend Elliot... and her blog, Girl Online.

Can Penny learn to balance life and love on the road, or will she lose everything in the pursuit of a perfect summer?


My Review:

Okay so I'm not going to write a really massive in depth review for this book, considering that I feel a lot as if I would just be repeating myself in the review of book #1, as Zoe Sugg's writing style and focus has not changed dramatically from book 1.

So as per the first book, I also really loved Girl Online: On Tour.
I actually think I liked this one more than the first book as to me, it was more relatable. Not obviously in the 'I'm on tour with my rod god boyfriend' way, but a lot of the challenges that Penny and Noah face in this book within their relationship are very similar to ones that I have faced with my ex-boyfriend and ones that I think most young teenage relationships do face, whether one of them is super mega famous or not.

I don't want to spoil the book for anyone so I won't go into intense detail.
But pretty much, while book #1 was centred around Penny and Noah meeting and the 'falling in love' stage of their relationship, the only problem they come across being a short lived, on the surface one, the sequel is completely different.

This book goes into pretty intense detail into the early stages of Penny and Noah's relationship, as when the main story picks up they have only been dating for roughly 6 months.
Penny goes on tour with Noah as he opens for a large boyband called 'The Sketch' and they end up not only having to battle with time for each other, but also a large group of people that all seem to be against them being together.

I actually felt that this book was a lot more emotional for me than book #1. I really felt how Penny was feeling throughout it and there were actually points for me where I needed to stop reading because her emotions were affecting me that much.
Honestly, not many books have done that for me and I think it shows amazing writing and readership connection and I just LOVED that!

I also really loved that there was such a strong parallel between Penny's story and Elliot's story and that even though Elliot is absent for a lot of the book (as he doesn't go on tour with Penny and Noah), his constant support is always right there whenever Penny needs him and he does seem in the eyes on the readers that he is just as present as in book #1, with his own drama going on in the background of Pennys.

Magical Mystery Day makes another appearance, and as anyone that's read my review of book #1 knows that I am just obsessed and in love with that idea.
Pennys blog also makes a comeback in this book which I found really special and her blog posts are just as good as ever (my favourite being a playlist of hers towards the end of the book).


Whilst I can't spoil the ending of course, I wasn't a massive fan of the way that it ends as I didn't really feel that all of the storylines were neatly finished. It's a quite ambiguous ending I found and isn't very explicit in some of the things that happen after that point.
I'm not sure if there's a third book coming, which I'd love as I really want to know more about what happens to some of the characters, but yeah, if there isn't not a huge fan of ending it that broadly.

Please if you've read it and you know what I'm talking about, let me know what you thought of the ending, I could quite easily be missing something.. I don't know.

Overall, I honestly think that I enjoyed Girl Online: On Tour more than the first book. 
I give this book 5/5 stars!!, even though I didn't enjoy the ending. 
(I'm pretty picky so that's a big thing) 


Thanks for reading guys, please let me know what you think/thought in the comments!
Love you all lots!
Read fast, die young
xxxxxxxx


LINKS 

Instagram: instagram.com/taylorbekkers
Twitter: twitter.com/TaylorBekkers
Email: taylorbekkers2@gmail.com
Google+: https://plus.google.com/107161687567523030394/posts

5 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds pretty intense! Thanks for sharing this review/

    Have a great weekend,
    Kate @ majesticgoldenrose.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was but it was also amazing! :)

      Aw thank you! You too x

      Delete
  2. i still haven't read either of her books but i'm going to put them on my list :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolute must! tell me what you think when you do read them x

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete